News You Can Use
IRC Leadership has put together a phased plan to reopen the boathouse.
- Boathouse closed to everyone. We are currently in this phase.
- There is work that needs to be done to prepare the boathouse for reopening. This work is currently underway by a limited group (to ensure social distancing & following of CDC guidelines).
- We are updating our liability waiver, developing cleaning protocols, ensuring we have the appropriate cleaning supplies, monitoring US Rowing guidelines, county and state guidelines, CDC guidelines, etc. and developing a sign out process for club boats.
- Currently, Eagle Creek Park plans to open to vehicles on May 18th but obviously this is subject to change and must occur before we can move on to Phase 2.
- This phase will include limited use of the boathouse for members only. Only singles and same household doubles will be allowed.
- Masters must reserve a single or double via a Sign-Up Genius that will be made available to ensure that a boat is available and also limit the number of people in the boathouse to 25 or less.
- Masters who have their own singles must also reserve a time via Sign-Up Genius to ensure that we are limiting the number of people at the boathouse.
- Click Here to Sign-Up
- Juniors will have staggered practices and individuals can only be at the boathouse during their assigned practice time with their coach.
- This phase expands the use of boats to the entire fleet. Our cleaning protocols will remain in effect. We will continue to limit the number of people at the boathouse per local and state guidelines.
Required Safety Protocol:
- No one with a temperature over 100.4 degrees F or any COVID-19 symptoms will be allowed on the IRC premises.
- There will be no erging at the boathouse.
- Bring your own water. Water fountains and faucets are off limits.
- It is recommended that masks are worn on the IRC premises except when on the water.
- Come dressed & ready to row. Bathrooms will be locked & unavailable.
- Do not leave any personal effects at the boathouse.
- Follow the cleaning protocols which will be posted at the boat house as well as emailed prior to the start of Phase 2.
- Additionally, there is regular fogging of the boathouse with disinfectant scheduled.
Adherence to these protocols is mandatory. Please see the USRowing Recommendations for further information.