Learn to Row Classes for Adults
- No experience necessary!
- Rowing is a great total body, low impact fitness workout
- Outdoor Learn-to-Row Session offered each month April to October
- Indoor Learn-to-Row sessions offered each month December to February
- Sessions held Mondays and Wednesdays all month long, from 6:30-8:30pm
- Check back for spring registration!
The Indianapolis Rowing Center offers Learn-to-Row classes for new rowers and programs for experienced rowers. Adult Learn-to-Row (LTR) is an introductory class for adults (or parent/child) to the sport of rowing. Over the course of the month, IRC coaches will teach you proper rowing technique on the rowing machine and on the water, as well as educate you on rowing terminology, safety, and teamwork.
The focus will be in eight person (sweep) boats. There will be the opportunity to scull in a single person boat Saturday mornings after you have completed the class (free for the remainder of the season).
LTR graduates will also be invited to attend Technical Masters rowing sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays for free, for the remainder of the season.
Here is some basic safety information for all those thinking about taking up rowing...please let us know if you have any questions!
There are opportunities for financial assistance for membership and program fees.