Learn to Row Classes for Adults
- No Experience Necessary – New Rowers Welcome!
- Rowing is a great total body, low impact fitness workout
- Outdoor Learn to Rowing Session offered each month April - October
- Indoor Learn to Rowing sessions offered each month December - February
- Sessions are classes held Mondays and Wednesdays all month long, from 6:30-8:30pm
- Check back for the spring schedule.
The Indianapolis Rowing Center offers Learn to Row classes for new rowers and programs for experienced rowers. Learn-to-Row (LTR) is an introductory class for adults (or parent/child) to the sport of rowing. Over the course of the month, IRC coaches, with the help of volunteers, will teach you proper rowing technique, on the rowing machine and on the water, as well as educate you on rowing terminology, safety and teamwork. Classes typically begin in April and will run through October.
The focus will be in eight person (sweep) boats. There will be the opportunity to scull in a single person boat Saturday mornings after you have completed the class (free for the remainder of the season).
Learn to Row graduates will also be invited to attend Technical Masters rowing sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays for free, for the remainder of the season.
Here is some basic safety information for all those thinking about taking up rowing...please let us know if you have any questions.
There are opportunities for financial assistance for membership and program fees.