The Indianapolis Rowing Center is a member based organization, that provides rowing to the Indianapolis Community. Memberships run on a yearly basis, from March to March. New members are always welcome to join throughout the year. Returning members will renew their Membership to the rowing center each March.
Benefits of an Annual Membership:
- Use of the facility and equipment in Eagle Creek Park*
- One free private lesson for yourself or a group
- Entry fees waived for ONE IRC hosted regatta: June (Indy Summer Sprints), October (Head of the Eagle) and January (Indoor Rowing Championships)
*Winter training is an additional cost due to rental fees in another location
For the Membership, IRC will:
- Provide the IRC boathouse, docks, parking lot, and other facilities for members’ use (this includes overhead costs such as insurance and utilities as well as maintenance of the facilities)
- Provide bathrooms and showers
- Provide access to equipment including designated small boats, oars, and ergs
- Repair and maintain Rowing Center owned equipment
NOTE – The Annual Membership fee does NOT include entry into Eagle Creek Park. Annual park passes can be purchased at the park entrances or at the Eagle Creek Park office (7840 W. 56th St.)
Types of Membership:
- Individual - $400
- Household (member + 1 in household) - $600
- Young Adult (29 years or younger in the current calendar year) - $280
Rack Rental Fees:
You MUST be an annual member to rent an indoor boat rack.
An invoice and contract will be mailed prior to March 1st. Rack fees not paid within 30 days are subject to removal of the boat. Payment options include annual (due April 1), or three installments (due April 1, July 1, and October 1).
- Single rack rental - $200
- Double rack rental - $225
All members are required to volunteer 8 hours to IRC. Members not completing their requirement will be invoiced missed hours at $20/hour at the end of the membership year (February). Members will be responsible for tracking their own hours HERE.
These can be completed at:
- IRC hosted events - Indy HS Sprints, Big Tens, Indy Summer Sprints, Head of the Eagle, Indoor Rowing Championships;
- Community Events - Health Fair/Expo, Open House, Parades, Sporting events, etc;
- Volunteer Work Days (scheduled at the beginning of each season) - Opening/Closing of the boathouse, cleaning, buoy washing, etc.
- Project list (ask the Boathouse/Equipment Manager)
IRC's Mission is to provide rowing to youth and adults of all social and economic backgrounds. We do not want finances to inhibit a rower from registering for a class or program. If you are in need of financial assistance for a class, program or membership, you may download and print an application from the Policies and Forms section. Applications should be submitted to the Executive Director ASAP.
You are still required to register for that class, program or membership, just choose the option to pay later. Once the Fund Development Committee reviews your application and determines assistance, IRC will adjust your balance due in your account. The remaining balance can then be paid online or by check.
IRC is also offering a reduction in Membership and/or Program fees in exchange for assistance around the boathouse or with learn to row classes. There is a minimum of 28 hours required from April-October. Click HERE for more information.